Thursday, November 6, 2008

ELECTION BEREAVEMENT

A friend of mine texted me a bereavement message the day after the election. It was a welcome laugh. He is a stonch democrat and I am a stonch republican, but we get along great. It is nice to have someone to banter with over the issues. Someone intelegent who can challenege me on my views. The bereavement card idea was great. I needed a laugh, something, anything to lighten my heart after the devestating loss of the night before. Here is a copy of his text.
Dear Friend,
I want to remind you not only of the inner strength you have but of the support you can always count on from me. My friend my heart goes out to you, I wish there was something I could do to erase the sadness you feel. I hope you'll let me know if you need someone to listen when you want to talk, to give you a hug when you need one, and to remind you how many people care about you. I want to help make the time pass more quickly so memories will bring smiles instead of tears. I hope you know I'll be here with open arms anytime you need me, night or day.
In response to his text I sent him the following, I hope you enjoy this. WARNING: The following message is a little bit of a reality check for some who might have supported Barrack Obama proceed at your own risk.
Dear Friend,
I am sorry but there is no amount of consolation that can fully relieve my intense feeling that we have now headed down a road we most likely will regret later. However I am sure given President-elect Obama's propensity to change his position when confronted with reality, that he will no doubt go back on the pormises he has made, no doubt continuing the policies set by Bush. The very thing he used as the cornerstone of his election bid to defeat McCain, will now somehow become the acceptable road forward by his administration. Be it taxation, the economy, the war etc, etc. With that said, thankyou for your concern, and know that I too am here for you as we head into this time of great uncertainty. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment